The NREL Energy Institute for Teachers is a five-day workshop that offers educators lessons and resources to integrate renewable energy and energy efficiency components into existing courses in subjects ranging from chemistry and physics to biology and environmental science classes.
During the week-long workshop, teachers participate in a variety of activities tied to NREL research including:
- Building and testing wind turbine blades utilizing multi-meters and water pumps
- Testing solar panels creating current voltage curves using rheostats and multimeters
- Determining the optimum form of lighting based on the bulb's brightness, its cost and its power requirements
- Chemically producing biodiesel fuel and performing quality control viscosity tests
- Meeting scientists and touring the world class facilities at NREL.
- Agricultural and Environmental Technologies
Projects or Centers
Conducting Projects or Centers: